Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Kids, get ready to head to Target - Harajuku Mini






Target has done a number of collaborations with boutique childrenswear lines which have more or less flown under the radar.  This one is less likely to go so quietly -- or at the very least, it shouldn't be.  And you shouldn't miss it.  Gwen Stefani happens to be one of my heroes.  She is one of those rare rock stars whose venture into fashion actually merits being taken seriously.  The only other instance of a strong celebrity venture that I think is comparable would be the Olsen twins.  Harajuku Lovers has been one of my favorite children's lines for a while.  I own a bunch of their shirts, my daughter owns a bunch of their shirts (and a few sweatshirts, and a mini skirt ...), and on November 13 an irresistible collection from Harajuku Mini will be available to Target customers.


Target previewed the launch with a selection of bags for back to school which are now sold out.  On November 13 a much broader collection arrives.  In addition to bags, there will be sneakers, an infant line, and even a complete toddler/tween line.  The lookbook can be found online at lilsugar.com.  I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of the styling of the lookbook.  I would suggest focussing, rather, on the individual pieces.  But there are some really precious items.  At Target prices, there should be plenty worth scooping up.





No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis