Monday, November 14, 2011

Excuse Me, But I Think Your Child Has a Raccoon on Her Head - Winter Hats

Usually I try to steer my children toward clothes I think are cute (or cute on them). But you have to pick your battles, and sometimes you have to give in. I have finally accepted that when it comes to winter accessories, I will let my children pick out whatever makes them happy. So, even though it is a trend that I will absolutely never understand, I have bought my children those ridiculous hats with strings that come down by their ears.
These hats are the trend right now. Believe it or not, even with adults. Anna Sui showed them on her runway and all of the celebrities are being photographed in them. The adult version of the trend strikes me as truly ridiculous. But on kids, they're maybe a little bit cute. If you have a tween or a teenager, these hats are all the rage. Want to buy a hat you know your child will wear? This is the way to go. Trust me. Actually, from a practical perspective, these hats are terrific. The ear flap covers your little one's ears and keeps him warm. As I send a sniffly toddler off to school, I feel a little better knowing his head is being kept good and warm in his silly yet adorable hat.

Target has a pretty good selection of hats for your preschool son. Go with his favorite movie or the classic monkey. The most popular version of these hats seems to be those made by DeLux. They so make a children's size, but if your child is about 9 or older, the adult hat seems to work just fine.  And they make a hat for pretty much every animal in the book. My ten year old has the penguin one. I can barely get her to take it off.  That hats can be found at gift shops as well as boutiques, or at the Children's Fashion Stylist Amazon store.  This is one trend I would give in on.  They're actually really quite cute on.

1 comment:

  1. I was rather critical when these hats came on the market. But it looks like they have such a wide variety of styles to choose from there is to many that work incredibly well. I especially like the penguin one!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis