Friday, June 12, 2009

gwen stefani rocks out celebrity style

I am always surprised to find a celebrity clothing line that I really like.  I don't know why the whole concept seems so inherently wrong to me.  But of course some celebrities are in fact multi-talented, or at least have good taste and know how to work with the right collaborators.  Mary-Kate and Ashley Olson's women's line, Elizabeth and James, has some great pieces, and I really think Gwen Stefani's L.A.M.B. is fabulous. So it's no surprise that her Harajuku Lovers collection is as good as it is.  I just love the kids' tshirts.  The Japanese inspired graphics which feature "Gwen" and her back-up dancers (Angel, Love, Baby and Music), are cute and fun, and for those who care about these things, absolutely on trend right now.

This blog is a bit shorter than usual, since I think the clothes (primarily t-shirts) speak for themselves. The line is pretty focused and consistent.  I have liked some of the past season collections a bit better than the current one, so you may find it worth digging around on ebay.  The online selection otherwise is a bit thin, so I'm offering a fairly thorough list of websites that carry the line.  The selection is most extensive in sizes 2-6, or if your daughter fits in junior sizes.  Admittedly, at full retail the collection is on the expensive side but, as always, there are certainly bargains to be had.

Perhaps best of all, the same tshirts are available in women's sizes.  This is one instance in which I'm willing to do the mother-daughter thing ... however, I draw the line at actually wearing the same shirt at the same time.


Find online at:
and a few pieces are online at Macy's and at Bloomingdales

1 comment:

  1. hi diana!

    thanks for the mention of our store, and great job on your blog! we look forward to reading more of your fashion guide for kids :)

    kristy
    (www.plumdenim.com)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis